The drains in the average home are constantly relied on but not thought about much until a blockage happens. Drains accumulate food particles, hair, sediment, grease, personal care product residue, and other debris. Eventually, this builds up and causes a clog. The professional plumbing technicians at Oro Pro Plumbing Inc. provide drain cleaning in San Mateo, Redwood City , and beyond to solve all types of clogs.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Common signs you need drain cleaning:
- Sluggish Draining: When water takes its time to disappear from sinks, showers, tubs, or toilets, it suggests a possible obstruction within the drainage system.
- Unpleasant Odors: If foul smells emanate from your drains, it could be a sign of accumulated organic matter or other debris causing blockages.
- Gurgling Sounds: Hearing gurgling noises from drains, especially following the use of appliances like dishwashers or washing machines, may indicate blockages in the pipes.
- Water Backups: Water backing up into sinks, showers, or tubs during the use of other fixtures could signal a blockage or clog within the drainage system.
- Presence of Fruit Flies or Drain Flies: Discovering an infestation of fruit flies or drain flies around your drains could suggest an accumulation of organic material within the pipes.
- Simultaneous Clogs: If multiple fixtures in your home become clogged simultaneously, it could indicate a blockage within the main sewer line.
- Toilet Overflows: Instances of toilets overflowing or water rising dangerously close to the rim after flushing are clear indications of a blockage within the drainage system.
- Pooling Water: The presence of standing water around floor drains or in basements may indicate a clogged drainage system.
- Toilet Bubbling: Observing air bubbles rising in the toilet bowl after using sinks or other plumbing fixtures may indicate a blockage within the drainage system.
- Increased Water Bills: A sudden surge in water bills without a corresponding increase in water usage might point to a concealed leak or blockage within the drainage system.
If you notice any of these signs, it's advisable to address the issue promptly to prevent further damage and inconvenience. Hiring a professional plumber to perform drain cleaning can help resolve the problem effectively.
Benefits of Professional Drain Cleaning
When clogs happen, many homeowners turn to store-bought drain cleaner products. These chemical drain cleaners only provide a short term fix and won’t work on some clogs at all. In addition to being ineffective, the chemicals used in these products can be damaging to the pipe and pose other safety risks.
Our Redwood City plumbing technicians have the tools and experience to handle any clog safely and efficiently.
The Right Tools for Every Clog
The ideal drain cleaning method depends on the size, type, and location of a clog. Our Redwood City drain cleaning technicians are adept at handling all types of clogs using sewer snakes and hydro jetters. A snake is a flexible auger that bores a hole through the drain line to clear the obstruction.
Hydro jetting uses high-pressure water and specialized attachments to clear clogs and completely clean the inside of the pipe.
Hydro jetting is effective for:
- Breaking up tree roots
- Completely removing sludge and debris
- Removing soft clogs, such as grease
- Fully eliminating scale and mineral buildup
- Flushing out the system
Depending on the type and nature of your clog, our plumbing technicians can recommend the best method for drain cleaning in San Mateo, Redwood City, and the surrounding areas. After your drains have been cleaned, you can help keep them clear by taking care to keep objects, hair, grease, and oil out of the drains whenever possible. Flush the drains regularly and consider scheduling preventive maintenance if recurring clogs are a problem in your home.
If you need help with a clog, call (650) 389-9103 to arrange a drain cleaning service at your home. Happily serving all of San Francisco County.
We are available around the clock when your plumbing emergencies occur. We won't leave you underwater.
Our team is licensed to handled kitchen and bathroom upgrades and remodels to bring things up to code.
We work efficiently and always stand behind our work. We're happy when our customers are happy!
Our technicians come to every job prepared with the tools needed to get the job done right.
“Professionalism, timely response, and communication, they were great.” - MIKE M.
“Best plumber in the city with creative and practical solutions while still being affordable!” - PADMA R.
“This team is super fast and efficient.” - RAY S.
“Once again Jon comes through like a Pro (pun intended!” - CATHY R
“They did an amazing job for us. They provided a quote, when they got in the work was different from what they expected so they worked with us on the price and the warranty. We are very satisfied with the very large job they helped us with.” - KAITLIN C.
“These men are tops!! Courteous, professional, kind, honest, you name it.” - JAYESON V.
“Their knowledge of our needs and the problem that was presented, they were great.” - KAITLIN C.
“Transparent Experience” - ANDRE B.